ACET Preparation Classes in EduAscent Institute of Finance, Jaipur
Actuarial profession is one of most respected profession in the world. Companies and businesses depend on the reports of actuaries in order to take financial decisions.
Highlights of the Deal
An Actuary is a business professional who deals with the financial impact of risk and uncertainty. Risk is the chance that an undesirable event will occur, but risk is also opportunity. Actuaries provide expert assessments of likelihood of future events using numbers..
Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET)
Objective of Training / Course
- Actuaries assess the financial impact of future uncertain events.
- Actuaries takes a combination of Strong Analytical Skills, Business Knowledge and Understanding of human behavior to manage complex risks facing our society.
- Actuaries enable financial decisions to be made with more accuracy by analyzing past data, modeling the future and assessing the risk involved and communicating the results in financial terms.
- Actuary’s Skills of modeling future outcomes are used extensively in the areas of insurance, pensions, investment and more recently in wider fields such as project management, banking and health care.
Actuary: A top Ranked Job
In almost every category, such as work environment, employment outlook, job security, growth opportunity, and salary (especially salary), a career as an Actuary is hard to beat. The profession has consistently ranked as one of the most desirable in various studies over the years.
Who should do?
The only eligibility criterion is that the examinee must have appeared 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination with English as one of the subjects at 10 + 2 level. Nevertheless, it is expected that many of those who are already in education at higher levels and also those working and having qualifications in mathematical subjects would take up the examinations. For example engineering students or professionals, chartered and cost accountants, company secretaries, management graduates, degree holders in mathematical and statistical sciences etc are expected to take this exam.Ideal Candidate for Actuarial Profession
Any person with minimum 18 years of age and having a high degree of aptitude for mathematics and statistics can take up actuarial exams and become an Actuary. Generally, first class graduates or postgraduates in Mathematics, Statistics or Econometrics will be in a better position than others to qualify as actuaries. However, the profession is open to everyone and not limited to any degree/background. To qualify as an Actuary, a candidate has to pass all examinations in the prescribed subjects. In addition, he has to comply with other criteria such as experience requirement and attendance at a professionalism course prescribed for the purpose.
Structure of Exam
The exam will have multiple choice questions with one correct answer for each question. The exam will be conducted online at a pre-selected test center at a specified time. The exam will be a three hour, 100 marks online exam which will have 70 multiple choice questions with one correct answer for each question. The questions for Section-I i.e. Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation will contain 55% of weightage and Section-II i.e. English and Logical Reasoning will contains 45% of weightage. The total distribution of questions would be:
- 45 questions-1 mark each
- 20 questions-2 marks each
- 05 questions-3 marks each
Sectional cut offs will prevail and also Negative marking 50% will be there for an incorrect answer .
Program’s outline or Course Curriculum
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
After a students clears the ACET exam, he has to submit registration form and then he is eligible to write the actuarial exams. To become an actuary in India, a candidate needs to clear 15 (fifteen) examinations which are divided into four series namely Core Technical (CT), Core Application (CA), Specialist Technical (ST) and Specialist Application (SA).
EduAscent ACET Preparation
- We provide Classroom Coaching Program for all the five Subjects.
- Subject Wise Tests are conducted.
- Mock tests before Exam.
- We Strictly Adhere to Syllabus provided by the institute (IAI).
- Small Batch size ( 10-15 students per batch)
weekday Trainings .